Well, one year later...
As we are no longer considering a move, we decided it was now time for the wood install. Originally when we purchased this house, we were intending to tear out the berber carpet in the family room and install wood since as we soon discovered, that carpeting was filthy, heavily stained, and poorly patched.
Remember this?
Or this?
Well, we decided it was about time to take care of those stains and many more.
Then, the thought came that we would put wood in the dining room and living room as well because after all, the dining room would be easier to clean that way and the living room, well, it just would look nice.
This brings us up to last year. The search for wood to match the front hall took me near and far but no sign of good quality, relatively inexpensive, matching wood.
That brings us up to this year. We decided on a different strategy. Why not see how much extra it would be to tear out the front hall and powder room and redo with an entirely different wood. That became my strategy. Well, one thing led to another and when I considered redoign every room downstairs except the study (and the master bedroom), I decided the small study might ought to be done in the same matching wood as well...
Which brings us to two weeks ago. 

We picked out at Brazilian cherry which is rather light here in the pictures but will darken up in the next 3-4 months.
4 comments:
WOW! Your floor looks great!
I like it with the rug. LOVE the wood. PS I wanna know who you used. And where did you get the wood?
The floors look beautiful! Doesn't it totally make it worth the wait? I love that you put wood everywhere--it really warms the house up. You have a beautiful home!
Looks so great!!! I am excited for you. I love the color.
Post a Comment