As we undertake to keep up with the rest of the world and technology... we will attempt to keep our thoughts penned regularly for you here on our blog. Most importantly, we would like this to be a reflection of the love of our Faithful Saviour, Jesus Christ.

Friday, January 11, 2008

April 15th, Here I come!

...I hope.

I just finished a very exhausting week of tax training all day every day. (how do girls do it with full time jobs--especially teachers with take home work? I managed without a family, but...) The classes went long every day, and I would come home and do 2-3 hours of homework for my test next week. Then bed-time! After this (if I pass the test) I will be preparing taxes through an AARP program, Tax-Aide. This is a free program for whoever comes in. I initially thought this would be all senior citizens, but quickly discovered the AARP side of it meant that the preparers are me and a room full of forty 65+ year olds! ;)

I will be working at Barbara Bush library (only one day a week) but there is another site at the church, Northwest Library, Tomball library, Aldine library, etc.... and the list goes on. And we will prepare (and e-file if wanted) for free! What a neat program! https://locator.aarp.org/vmis/sites/tax_aide_locator.jsp gives you the site nearest you... (they all open Feb. 1st)

and I promise to blog on Christmas soon...soon as things calm down a bit.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

but...what??

Jamie said...

That is wonderful!

Just think... I went to school for 5+ years to learn how to do all that stuff. :)