I don't think I can count the number of showers I have attended over the last 5 years, but now there is one more to add to the list. Only this time it was different...It was my shower! I cannot believe it is almost time for "Baby" to come, let alone the fact that I am pregnant at all and being "showered" in the first place!
My sweet sister-in-law Susan (Michael's sister), her mother-in-law Omalu, a long-time family friend Alicia, and her mom Janet threw me a beautiful shower last Saturday!
The food was fantastic!!! (chicken salad on toastlets or crackers, apple salsa with cinnamon sugar chips, veggies and dips, nuts, an extraordinary lime punch,
and angel food cake with glaze and fruit for dessert. Yum!)
The bouquet was gorgeous (and designed by the ladies)!
The games were great! We played my favorite baby animal naming game (I still did not get them all no matter how many times I have done this), draw a baby face on a paper plate on top of your head game, baby bingo as I opened my gifts, and a new one (which I intend to use again for someone else sometime) where you guess the baby item in a brown lunch bag simply by feeling the item (there were 12 different items).
The gifts were oh so generous! (and will be much loved and used!)
...and the company? Couldn't have been sweeter! I was so blessed to have so many ladies come celebrate God's Faithfulness
in answer to a long-awaited prayer. There were friends there from BSF Bible study, Church friends (and neighbors),
Carenet friends, and relatives.
9 comments:
Looks like so much fun!! I love the gift that looks like a boy...what a creative idea!
You deserve to enjoy these wonderful showers and treasure every minute in your heart!
What an awesome celebration!
i know your little tike's heart will belong to mommy.
Looks like lots of fun! Can't wait to see you soon!
It was a blessing to be there and rejoice with you in God's faithfulness!
You deserve to be showered! I am so happy for you.
You've GIVEN your share of showers, its your turn to have one. See you Sunday.
You definitely deserved this shower. Glad you had a fun time. :)
Post a Comment