I had a really discouraging doctor appointment today. Yes, I am still not dilated (even a little bit). Where I had thought the baby had dropped (wasn't sure if all the way or not, but at least some), the doctor informed me that he didn't think MD has dropped at all. And most discouraging...where I was effaced 70-80% at the last visit, apparently, I am now only at about 50%. Needless to say, Michael and I have some decisions to make tonight, but most likely, will grin and bear with another possible week of pregnancy and wait to be induced next week.
However, I think hearing that a c-section was a reasonable/sensible option (and this from a very conservative doctor) and the fact that we are already at greater risk to have one because of my body's lack of normal labor preparedness (especially for 40 1/2 weeks), discouraged me even further. Please also pray with me for peace no matter what the end result. I know these are so unimportant issues in comparison to the HUGE blessing of this new life that is coming! (however, I have a hard time telling my emotions that right now :) )
I know God can do anything and doctors only know so much. Please pray with us that my body does go into active/effective labor on its own without induction and/or c-section.
Will, of course, update when we have more news.
14 comments:
Hang in there Margaret! You are doing great! I know the end can be rough especially with no end in sight. My body did the same thing, no progress. I was not thrilled about an induction either, but things went fine. Sometimes you just need a little push in the right direction (literally)! No matter which way God will bring your precious baby boy soon!
I am praying for you Margaret!
Praying for you, Margaret! I know you are trying to keep good spirits. MD will be here so soon, and it will be wonderful. Try to enjoy yourself: read, take long baths, do absolutely nothing...and don't feel guilty about it one bit! You will soon be busy, but it will be a good busy! I can't wait to meet little MD! Induction is not as scary as you would think. Please feel free to call me if you have any questions about it at all. Praying for you until we hear the news that MD has arrived and all is well!
Margaret, The last few days were the hardest to sit around and wait..but have hope! MD will be here so soon. God is already teaching you so much about patience and I know that MD will not come a minute too soon. Maybe he just wanted to wait until the storm passed through town to show up! Praying for you!! I agree with Lindsay about doing nothing and getting as much rest as you can before the delivery! Love, Kim
We are praying for God's best for you and that you may have all the wisdom to make all the decisons you need to.
Why do the babies not like to come out? I guess it's just so warm and prefectly cozy it there. Hang in there! One thing is for sure. THEY DO COME OUT SOME DAY. :) You guys are in our prayer. Kelly and Mike.
MD be here soon and it will be wonderful whenever it happens! You are going to be such a great mom!
Margaret, on the same day I delivered Lia, the doctor had told me that same afternoon it would be at least another week! So, take heart, not even the experts know for sure! And through Jessica's experience I can attest that C-sections have their own perks, so if that happens there will be some benefits! Be encouraged! I'm praying for you and can't wait to hear when it really does happen.
Praying for y'all. I know the end can be discouraging, especially with discouraging news from the doctor, but take heart, it will be over soon. We are praying for you to go into labor on your own...until then, rest and sleep and relax without feeling any guilt.
Margaret, as you know, God has His perfect timing. We'll be praying for you as you prayed for us. Love, Kelly
I know what it is like to hang in there past your due date.
Hoping that no update today means that you are at the hospital pushing right about now. :)
It is great to see how many sisters are praying. Add another.
Definitely will continue to pray! I too was over 10 days late with my first...had planned the induction and went into labor on my own. God's ways are not our ways. He is never in a hurry yet always on time! What a blessed little baby this one already is! We cannot wait to hear about his arrival.
Blessings,
Jim and Rebecca
I will be praying for peace and joy in these days as MD's appearance draws closer...we love you!
Post a Comment