As we undertake to keep up with the rest of the world and technology... we will attempt to keep our thoughts penned regularly for you here on our blog. Most importantly, we would like this to be a reflection of the love of our Faithful Saviour, Jesus Christ.

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Not a single day without complete reliance

I have been mulling over my friend Mary's blog (Pray Without Ceasing) since the subject was fresh on my mind even when she wrote it. I was discussing this with close friends several months ago. The five years Michael and I prayed, cried and sought the Lord for a child were as wonderful as they were difficult. It was a time of spiritual growth like no other in my life. It was a time that I realized my complete reliance on the Lord. This was a circumstance that I could have absolutely no control over. When we discovered we were pregnant last year, along with my overwhelming joy, I felt a bit of a valley experience too. Had I not been living on a mountaintop in my relationship with the Lord over the past 5 years? A place where I had to completely rely on Him from day to day for emotional strength? I was so aware of His faithfulness--and His promise to me of a child one day. When that promise was fulfilled, I struggled to recapture the same feeling of complete dependence on Him. I wanted to know what He was going to do in my life next. My wise friends encouraged me to see the time of my smooth pregnancy as God's gift of rest...

Well, God knows that once again I need a constant reminder of my complete reliance on Him. Ever since little MD was born, there has been one source of stress/uncontrollable circumstance after another. The first week was a struggle to get the nursing down. Then, came the uncontrollable crying of my baby. Next, Hurricane Ike and loss of power for 2+ weeks. Should it be any wonder then that I am now struggling again with MD's feedings? God has brought me to my knees before Him many multiple times a day. Right where I should be. Pray without ceasing--can I do any less? I may not have longed for the stressful circumstances of the past weeks, but I am thankful to be jostled out of any complacency and brought back to that intimate relationship I embrace when times are tough.

9 comments:

Kim and Eric said...

Such good words for all of us to hear! Thanks for sharing. I know that I have been brought to my knees many times with issues and God is so faithful!

Lindsay said...

You are so wise. Thanks for your transparency and sharing your struggles. God IS faithful and He will give you the rest that you need. Praying for you and little MD as well as Michael.

PS - 4 months is the answer to your question on my blog.

Jaime said...

Praying for you and little MD. You are so right...it's in the uncontrollable circumstances when I truly am brought to my knees.

Jamie said...

Sorry to hear that you are having feeding issues. Let me know if I can help.

You are so right. There is a daily sacrifice and struggle to give ourselves and our control over our babies to Him everday.

Anonymous said...

Dear M,
What great words! You are so right! Thanks for sharing this. I also looked at some other things you have written and pictures you have posted. Somehow I have missed them before. Anyway, I had a good time just reading your well written posts and looking at the pics! You are doing so great on keeping us all up to date with what is going on in your life! Kisses to MD! :o)
Love, K

cmeandthree said...

Good posting. I'm sorry you are struggling. It's been a week since you posted. Has the feeding gotten any better? Could be his demand and your supply just weren't jiving, maybe due to a growth spurt. It's such a struggle sometimes, I know!! I'll pray for you. Please give me a call if you have any questions! btw, I think you are the only one who reads my blog (you are the only one who comments)!

Anonymous said...

I am just praying for you guys. i miss you and pray that you will continue to see His strength in you.

laura said...

Sweet friend, I continue to lift you up during this new season! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Yes..Jane now saves me money. No more diaper bills.