As we undertake to keep up with the rest of the world and technology... we will attempt to keep our thoughts penned regularly for you here on our blog. Most importantly, we would like this to be a reflection of the love of our Faithful Saviour, Jesus Christ.

Friday, July 16, 2010

118.00-118.00= FREE

Look what arrived this week from Amazon!

Now it may not look like much (and it is so overpriced for what it is), but it is a $118 piece of equipment that enables my sewing machine to download new embroidery designs.

Now for the best part! It was entirely free! I had accrued $200 worth of gift cards in my Amazon account over the past year...mostly from Swagbucks.

Brief synopsis again...Swagbucks is a website that works as a search engine like Google. There are multiple ways to get Swag"bucks" or points, but four guaranteed ways each day. There are other ways, such as swag codes that are good for only a limited time etc...

  1. Searching using their search engine--I normally win 2-3 times a day, often 10 points at a time
  2. Polls--answer the 2 second poll and earn a buck
  3. Trusted Surveys--you don't even have to do the surveys, just click down to that section of swagbucks
  4. Special offers--normally clicking "no thanks" through about 5 offers each day to win another swagbucks
And today is Friday which means that the Swag searching will even better than normal. Sometimes even 30 or more.

I can normally get 2-3 -$5 Amazon gift cards a month. Will not get rich this way, but sure makes for some fun treats!

2 comments:

Chris and Kim said...

I started doing this since you mentioned it last, and just earned enough for a $5 Amazon GC! Of course, I didn't realize I could earn all of those other ways; I've just used it to search. Thanks for the great idea, and congrats on the cool "purchase!"

Mike and Suzi :) said...

It definitely adds up and gives you a good excuse to get some things you would not purchase otherwise. Enjoy!