As we undertake to keep up with the rest of the world and technology... we will attempt to keep our thoughts penned regularly for you here on our blog. Most importantly, we would like this to be a reflection of the love of our Faithful Saviour, Jesus Christ.
Sunday, May 8, 2011
the 5 senses
I find it amusing that while my heightened sense of smell/taste from pregnancy days is lessened (although somehow I still am the only one who still smells all the dirty diapers! :) ), I have picked up the mother's heightened sense of hearing. I can hear my daughter's cry across the house, upstairs, below a loud ceiling fan and behind a closed door. I am also hearing the music from my children's toys even when they are not on...but that is another story. Can you tell I have been subjected to too much noise recently??? And everyone knows that moms have eyes in the back of their heads. As for touch? A mother's touch is often the only soothing one. God must place these five senses on high alert in moms knowing we would need them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It is amazing how our senses are heightened whenever we need them to be...Thanks, God!
I sent a note to your sister re: ant prevention...from REID! Sprinkle ground cinnamon where the ants are coming in...scatter a few sticks of cinnamon in your cabinets, too. Ants don't like the smell or the taste of this.
(Reid did this in his closet...and it seems to have worked.)
J
I hear my babies crying all the time, or what I think is one of my babies crying. It usually turns out to be nothing, and Chris looks at me like I'm crazy!
i love you dearly. i hear you quite clearly. selective senses for husbands.
Post a Comment