As we undertake to keep up with the rest of the world and technology... we will attempt to keep our thoughts penned regularly for you here on our blog. Most importantly, we would like this to be a reflection of the love of our Faithful Saviour, Jesus Christ.

Friday, July 5, 2013

another futile attempt

The culpability lay in all corners today.  I planned pictures for the kids in the early morning after a very late 4th of July night.  (think 3 kids up several hours after bedtime)  I am not sure where Michael fell short--just ask him.  The heaping portion falls on the children's shoulders.  David was forewarned to smile sweetly for pictures and to cooperate.  That lasted a short while but quickly other thoughts kicked in.  Elizabeth was--well, just Elizabeth.  It was doomed from the start!  She REFUSED to smile let alone stay in the pictures (except the brief moments for her very sweet solo pictures).  And this despite some rather strong coaxing.  Abigail began quite cheerfully (albeit a bit mobile), but as she was squeezed and carted around by the other two and forced to stay in one location for more than an hour while trying to coax E into joining the shot, her congeniality faded into tears.  Oh, and the photographer?  He was a bit less than imaginative and lost many opportunities to at least get creative action shots.  Not to mention the fact that he started with my least favorite background (and the only shots where all kids cooperated for about 3 poses). 

So, after all of that said, here are a few sweet shots (almost all with a few quirks).  Happy Birthday again, dear one year old!





























PS.  No, I did not think of how the kid's initials spell out D.E.A.--that is, until it was pointed out to me today.  We were so eager to be done by this point that I left them in that order on the boxes.  Hah!  Loved the idea of the boxes though, even if I did suggest it :).  May have to try it again next time.  Next time?  Did I just say that???




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! :)
-K