First stop, the reptile house--per David's request.
We watched the elephants for a while.
Then the cats... asleep as usual.
On the way...to the African section.
Lunchtime finally!
Stop off to view the giraffes.
We went into the new bug house. I must say I was very disappointed. It was small but the biggest issue was that more than half the window exhibits were higher than any child could see and several I even had a hard time viewing due to my height of "only" 5 '7". The cutter ants were fascinating though. And we did get to see a butterfly emerging from its chrysalis.
(see the bug?)
Spent a few minutes in the Children's area. Never noticed the hedgehog's face before. Rather an ugly creature, at least this one was. We lost E as she took off to play on the playground. Fortunately, after a few frantic minutes we did find her. And then we went to pet the goats. A was very uncertain but E (normally my scaredy) was enthusiastic about running from goat to goat to brush their hair.
loved the reading meerkats. Wouldn't they enjoy some more interesting reading? :)
Last stop was the monkeys. I was already pushing my three monkeys to their limit. (it was 2:00 and no nap yet--was lovely and almost completely empty at this point!) The ring-tailed lemurs reminded me so much of my three monkeys though. As the rest of the zoo settled down to a nap, these monkeys were still going strong chasing each other around their cage!


























No comments:
Post a Comment