As we undertake to keep up with the rest of the world and technology... we will attempt to keep our thoughts penned regularly for you here on our blog. Most importantly, we would like this to be a reflection of the love of our Faithful Saviour, Jesus Christ.

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Endearing

Here are three conversations with D that just further endear him to me...

We head to the pool one afternoon and wait for the gate to be opened with another neighborhood family.  David politely asks the 9 year old daughter her name.  "Excuse me?"  She says it again, "Trinity?  Excuse me?  What was it?"  She says it a third time.  He still does not understand her.  I tell him her name is "Cindy."  His response: "Can I just call you Trinity?"  (Fortunately, she just grinned...)

The following week we headed to Dallas to visit family.  We stopped in McKinney for a late dinner. The indoor playground was empty except for a 4 year old boy there.  They played together.  Per usual, David never asked him his name, but by the time we left 45 mins later, he went up to the mom and said that we should plan a playdate sometime soon with his son.  I had been chatting with the mom for a few minutes but she still looked a bit taken aback.  However, that did not nearly describe her look when I told her that we didn't live in the Dallas area but actually lived 4 1/2 hours away!

We were watching an episode of American Ninja Warrior.  Out of the blue, David says, "Did you know when girls put on red lipstick, they leave a mark when they get married?"  I love his sweet naivety as he of course, was talking about leaving a mark from a kiss.




No comments: