As we undertake to keep up with the rest of the world and technology... we will attempt to keep our thoughts penned regularly for you here on our blog. Most importantly, we would like this to be a reflection of the love of our Faithful Saviour, Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

To my dearest husband...

I have been thinking on something for a couple of weeks...

When Pastor Fleming preached on Eph. 5 and described the word "Agape" love, God made something I have heard a million times to come alive. My husband is commanded to "agape" me just as I am commanded to respect him. I know I am still struggling with submitting to and respecting him as head of the house and so often make myself quite unloveable to him. Pastor Fleming described "agape" love as being sacrificial, willing to lay down your life for the other person, and loving even when the other person does not deserve it (or is rather unloveable )

Thank you, Michael! You do love me sacrificially and regularly love me in spite of myself. You are great at telling me in the midst of an argument that you "love me, no matter what" ...especially when I am at my worst. That means so much to me, even though I forget to tell you. So thank you for loving me like Christ!

(and I just love this picture...I think it portrays the full goofyness that my husband is willing to go to--one of my other favorite things about him!)

No comments: