As we undertake to keep up with the rest of the world and technology... we will attempt to keep our thoughts penned regularly for you here on our blog. Most importantly, we would like this to be a reflection of the love of our Faithful Saviour, Jesus Christ.

Sunday, December 2, 2007

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

While I was off skipping around Alabama, Michael found his own amusement here at home. Through an odd set of circumstances, he met a fellow who is also an avid car fanatic. (although, if you know anything about car fanatics, it does not seem to take a whole lot for them to find each other ;) ) Michael was invited to help run the flags at a car race... (Notes by Mike)

Bryan (from CFBC) and another fellow that flew in from Dallas worked the corner with me. These guys taught me a lot about flagging/officiating in one day… Here comes the field of Spec Mazda Miata racers, otherwise known as the Beginners Class/Entry Level Racers, paced by a Lotus Espirit. These guys are the rowdy ones, with not much to lose. There were about 8 classes of racing, with qualifying in the morning and the official races in the afternoon… Racer that lost his way while making a trip to the grocery store (I swear, honey, that guy ran me off the road and slapped those stickers on!). Higher end/Higher action class of Atlantic, Indycar type, etc., racers. These guys flew by and meant business! I might have this type to look forward to next April at the Grand Prix!!! I will get my SCCA membership soon, so that I can work these events! There should be one event every month from January until next April.

No comments: