All in all, a fantastic product that I will be using again!!!
As we undertake to keep up with the rest of the world and technology... we will attempt to keep our thoughts penned regularly for you here on our blog. Most importantly, we would like this to be a reflection of the love of our Faithful Saviour, Jesus Christ.
Saturday, September 12, 2009
More than a blurb
This week I received my book that I created using Blurb (as suggested by my friend April). I was very happy with the results! It turned out to be a cute, little book. I ordered a 7x7 hardcover with dustjacket. This book included all blogs from the 9 months before David came through his first full year. Not too surprisingly with all this info and pictures, it came out to be 230something pages. Despite the number of pages, I still only paid about $50 for the hardcover book and shipping. The book is very professionally put together and looks fantastic! The only complaint I had in the making of it was that the Blurb software is so "professional" that I had unlimited ways to put together each page and at times spent far too long designing each page. I was able to use their templates as a basis and change them to add/delete/move etc... text boxes, picture boxes etc... It really does provide almost unlimited possibilities. For those of you who want to just import and have Blurb lay it out, however, that is possible too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I made a book for Chris for Father's Day this year, and it turned out great, too! It can be a little overwhelming and time consuming to consolidate the posts down, but worth all of the time and effort, I think. Glad you are happy with the result!
Oooo, this looks cool! I would love to see how it turned out. I am contemplating going to digital scrapbooking. I have a friend that has used shutterfly for books (or maybe it was snapfish) and her books look great! I've not seen the creative memories digital books, but imagine it's nice also. Did you look around or was this the first you used upon friend recommendation?
I have made books using other means (Winkflash) and seen both Shutterfly and Snapfish books. I used this one because it was easy to import blogs with text and pictures (don't think the others can do that) and it has WAYYYY more page set up than anyone I have ever seen. Perhaps a bit too much since it can be overwhelming. But like I wrote, they can make it easy or you can make it as complex as you wish. Almost unlimited possibilities. I liked it better than the others because of this.
Price is also much more competitive for a longer book.
Neato torpedo!
Post a Comment