As you know, I was more concerned about this second flight with David. We left M's parents' house at noon and got through security eventually. (not as fast as Houston, expectedly; they wanted to know why I did not have an infant boarding pass (which Continental would not give me), they tested his sippy cup juice and spent at least 5 minutes scanning our luggage for other signs of taboo items. Once at the gate, we still had 1 1/2 hours until the flight, and I felt like I had hit a brick wall; I was so tired. Michael and I took turns watching D run around the terminal. The flight took off on time and D settled down after only 1 hour of playing/including 15 minutes fussing. He slept for 1 hour and woke up briefly before sleeping again for another hour. This time he woke up crying (I think he was unpleasantly surprised by waking constrained and still on the plane instead of his bed) He cried for about 20 minutes (which should have taken us to the end of the flight, but the flight was 35 minutes delayed despite leaving on time). Once he could see the lights outside on the ground, he calmed down again and was cheerful for the rest of the flight. People even commented on how good he had been. Thank you, Lord!!! It "only" took another hour to get our car and home again. This direct flight was an 8 hour trip, but still, all in all, a smooth one--even if exhausting!
No comments:
Post a Comment