As we undertake to keep up with the rest of the world and technology... we will attempt to keep our thoughts penned regularly for you here on our blog. Most importantly, we would like this to be a reflection of the love of our Faithful Saviour, Jesus Christ.

Friday, March 5, 2010

Points=Money

There is a website that I have been a member of for a little while. It is called Swagbucks. You can earn points just for searching using their search engine (normally about 10-20 points a day) and at 450 points you can earn an Amazon gift card. There are also random extra points awarded regularly. It normally takes me about a month but with hardly any effort and I have a free gift card!

I think I have earned $20-25 in Amazon gift cards over the past 6 months with hardly any effort. There are also other prizes to choose from. This may not seem much but it is still free cash and fun for mad money or a gift fund.

    A few pointers:
  • You receive 30 points just for signing up here.
  • Every Friday (as in today) is MegaSwagbucks Day which means you could earn a lot more points for searching than other days. I earned 40 points today in one search.
  • Normally the easiest way to get points is to search either from their website or the toolbar which you can install. I find that normally within a few minutes of searching (often hitting the back arrow to get back to the search results page), I will earn 10-20 points. This seems to be about all most days on the searching, so I would not waste your time trying for much longer. You can even use your normal search engine after that; I often do.
  • If you install the toolbar, it often has extra freebie codes that pop-up at the top.
  • They often have extra codes for points that are given out in scavenger hunt style.
  • Other ways to earn points: use their main page to shop, go to the no obligation offers (and be sure to click skip through the offers) and at the end you are awarded with a random number of points each day, follow them for extra codes on flicker or facebook, subscribe to their newsletter (I think once a month comes out with a new code), read their blog (I subscribe to it via google reader), get referrals (yes, if you do sign up through me, I do get a few perks).
Overall, it may seem yet another scheme, but I am mentioning it here because I have had so much fun getting the gift cards with very little work (one of the easiest and most fun "extra income" ideas) I love the fact that I am saving up for something specific on Amazon without having to take the money out of our normal budget!

1 comment:

Chris and Kim said...

I just signed up and am ready for my first gift card one day!