My reading has been covering a lot of different lines recently.
First--Gianna by Jessica Shaver. It is the true story a girl just a bit younger than myself who was aborted but survived. She is a believer and has used her story as a form of ministry. The book was interesting from the political side and some of the substories were amazing. The book is written from the perspective of a teen (she was only in high school during its publishing) and is a bit immature at times. However, a good reminder of what girls go through all the time.
Second--a much lighter read! The Yellow Typhoon by Harold MacGrath. This is one of my favorite fiction authors. He wrote in the early 1900s (this one is 1919) and always gives a well-written adventure romance novel...most often a spy story during WWI. This fits into this mold quite well, but unlike many others I have read, it was not quite as sweet. One of the main characters is a wretched female. (not that I am supposed to like her, but...) and there is a bit of mystical element to this one that is not otherwise present. Still a fun adventure.
Now--I am in the midst of a second-time read...just as good now since I am in a different stage of my life. Created to Be His Helpmeet by Debi Pearl. It is constantly convicting me to be more cheerful, more gracious and more loving in my responses to Michael. It is a fabulous read!
First--Gianna by Jessica Shaver. It is the true story a girl just a bit younger than myself who was aborted but survived. She is a believer and has used her story as a form of ministry. The book was interesting from the political side and some of the substories were amazing. The book is written from the perspective of a teen (she was only in high school during its publishing) and is a bit immature at times. However, a good reminder of what girls go through all the time.
Second--a much lighter read! The Yellow Typhoon by Harold MacGrath. This is one of my favorite fiction authors. He wrote in the early 1900s (this one is 1919) and always gives a well-written adventure romance novel...most often a spy story during WWI. This fits into this mold quite well, but unlike many others I have read, it was not quite as sweet. One of the main characters is a wretched female. (not that I am supposed to like her, but...) and there is a bit of mystical element to this one that is not otherwise present. Still a fun adventure.
Now--I am in the midst of a second-time read...just as good now since I am in a different stage of my life. Created to Be His Helpmeet by Debi Pearl. It is constantly convicting me to be more cheerful, more gracious and more loving in my responses to Michael. It is a fabulous read!
2 comments:
I wish I had time to read nowadays!
I wish I had time to read nowadays!
Post a Comment