As we undertake to keep up with the rest of the world and technology... we will attempt to keep our thoughts penned regularly for you here on our blog. Most importantly, we would like this to be a reflection of the love of our Faithful Saviour, Jesus Christ.

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Madness and Mayhem

We did have a wonderful time at the Houston Children's Museum a couple of weeks ago, but what prompted us to go on Friday's free day???

My sister-in-law and her boys, Caleb and Colin, met us at the museum. David enjoyed his time, but I quickly discovered that he is in the funny in between stage. He is too big for the toddler area (although he loved the cars!!!), but he is still a bit too small for the older kid area. It didn't help trying to keep up with him (out of the stroller--he was not content sitting; who would be?) while pushing a big stroller among the sea of bodies.

I really enjoyed my time-especially with Susan--but next time I will not take the stroller in. And perhaps wait another year or two until David is a bit older?

3 comments:

Jane said...

Gosh this brings back memories! Reid was never content in the stroller...anywhere. I finally used one of those cuff "leashes" hooked on the back of his overalls while we toured the National Aquarium. Boy, did I get a LOT of snide comments...from non-moms. In one of my snit moments, I snarled back, "Spend 5 minutes with him and you'll stop your comments." Later, we saw this same person who had continued to observe us with disdain...she actually apologized and said that she understood WHY I had Reid on "a leash"."He sure is active, isn't he."

Can you imagine my 6'4" son on a leash?

adw said...

seems that he gravitated to the cars. he needs a muscle shirt and a wrench and he might help his daddy with his car.

Lindsay said...

such great pics, Margaret!