We have been talking about putting David in the twin bed in his room for a while. He can climb in and out of his crib (and apparently does regularly new toys in crib etc...--but never gets caught). However, there is something so scary and final about putting him in the regular bed. I had put it off for weeks. I had plans to try in late Jan. Well, tonight upon getting David ready for bed, he climbed into the twin bed and said "night, night." He was pretty hyper (tickling by his daddy), and we almost decided to skip the perfect opportunity and put him in his crib; but he was so still after getting into bed and turning off the light, that we decided to test it out (never expecting the result). We prayed with him and kissed him goodnight. I grabbed the baby monitor immediately, but we never heard a peep from him! About 30 minutes ago he seemed to have fallen out of bed, despite the side rail. He cried for a minute but was already back in bed and almost asleep again by the time we got up there. Right back to sleep. Let's just see how the morning goes. That is where I am most nervous!
And my friend Kim was right...I thought I just did not want the inconvenience of having a child roaming his room or the house. True, but since he can and has done that anyway, it is so much more than that. I am also regretting that my baby is growing up!
3 comments:
It is hard to believe that our kids are growing up so fast. I love watching Evan on the baby monition; getting in and out of bed to get books to read at night. I guess it helps that Aubrie is still in her crib, but even she is growing up so fast; I can't seem to keep up. Your new little one will help for a while, but then as she grows up, it'll hit you that it just has to be that way. I'm sad (but also happy) daily about them growing up. Take heart: even though he's bigger, the next stage will be just as fun and interesting!
*monitor. Who knows what I was thinking when I typed "monition?"
When we went through this stage (VERY EARLY with Drew), friends suggested placing the crib mattress next to the bed for a few weeks...for those times the big boy would fall off. At least it was a soft landing. Usually, the boys did not even wake up...
Post a Comment