Much like our study of Revelation on Thursday evenings, I feel like I am in a state of interpretation now. I am 37 weeks pregnant today. I know I am living in an out-of-body experience; someone else is sporting the big belly, someone else will have their world turn upside down in a few short weeks, someone else will soon have the joy of meeting a new little girl. I feel like I am watching it all from the outside.
Last night, it became a bit more real. I woke up at 2:40 to go to the restroom (usual affair) but just felt a little funny. I thought about it and realized that it felt strangely like I was having a contraction. Now, this is where the interpretation comes in because I apparently had been having contractions with D for weeks before my water broke, but they just did not feel like what I was told they would feel like. I only realized them when hooked up to the non-stress test that also tests for contractions. I vaguely remember those early contractions but this felt similar but more certain. Decided to try to go back to sleep but as soon as I did, I felt another one and was certain that this indeed was what it was. OK. 30 minutes apart. No worries. However, I then felt like I needed to time them to make certain they were not coming any closer together. The next one was 40 minutes later. Great...back to sleep. Unfortunately, it took a while to go back to sleep and the next contraction woke me up right after falling asleep. Then, a stirring husband, then a cat, etc...Not a great night's sleep! Thus far this morning, I have felt nothing but am uncertain of whether to drive the 3 1/2 hours to visit my sister this afternoon or not. I guess the Drs' appt. this pm will tell me all. Braxton Hicks? Who knows...they felt stronger than the previous contractions I later determined I was having with D. They came on while I was lying down. But, most importantly...are they doing anything to proceed labor. I guess I will find that out this afternoon. Meanwhile, I just will be more aware...oh, and pack my bag, and pick out a name, and finish my last to-dos.
1 comment:
a name would be good...it'd be nice if you could call her something before she comes home. have fun love you girl
Post a Comment