...months, that is.
David, you have become quite the talked this month. Your sentences are so much clearer and intelligible and more complete now. It is rare when we just don't understand you at all.
You have picked up the habit of spitting...all the time! We have tried spanking for this and are not sure what is causing it (it seems to be different things), but...
Your room actually stays moderately neat these days--meaning your playtime/naptime seems to be confined better to just a few toys, instead of dumping all toy tubs.
You are still a big helper with sister, but you can also get quite frustrated with her when she has a crying fit. I don't blame you, but... you must learn to be gentle with her even when you are frustrated. ...and learn to not shove the pacifier in her face when she is quietly sleeping or calming lying still.
You still hate to have your picture taken most of the time...
This has been a very busy month--and much of it spent at the church. However, you never tire of it. In fact, when I come pick you up after working out, you often cry because you want to stay in your classroom.
We have also gone swimming for the first time again this year. You absolutely loved it! You were grinning the whole time you were in the water. After a bit of adjusting, you even bravely asked to swim by yourself for a minute or two. You have not gotten the idea down yet, but I imagine you will by the end of summer if Mommy can take you often enough.
We took the opportunity to start potty training in earnest today. You ran around naked all morning. The first time you had an accident on the floor, you looked at me and said, "Uh, oh. I dripping, Mommy." Unfortunately, after the fact. You proceeded to have 3 more accidents within 30 minutes. We tried doing underwear. That was no more successful so then we sat on the potty reading until you had to go. That did not work, but finally after I was about to give up, you finally made it all in the toilet while sitting backward. You did that 3 times back to back but as soon as you stopped standing in the bathroom and went back to play, you had several more accidents...even when caught in the middle of one and still insisted on continuing to pee on the floor. You don't show too many signs of really caring. I have never been so tired! I will give it another try to see if this is worth pursuing any further right now.
I am so thankful for my little boy! God's little blessing!
1 comment:
Ohhhh....he's going to be so mad about THAT photo one day. :-)
Such a cute little man!
Post a Comment