As we undertake to keep up with the rest of the world and technology... we will attempt to keep our thoughts penned regularly for you here on our blog. Most importantly, we would like this to be a reflection of the love of our Faithful Saviour, Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

10, 9, 8...let the countdown begin!

I am in the home stretch now with the single digit weeks left.  Hard to believe!  Still feel perfectly normal and hardly pregnant (although I am more tired again; could be the CRAZY schedule I have been keeping).  I have put on plenty of weight (about 19 pounds so far) but it must be distributed all over since I still don't have a huge baby bump.  I have switched to many more maternity clothes but still can wear many of my largest size "normal" clothes.  However, I have reached the point suddenly where I have had lots of strangers ask when I am due...

When I went to my doctor's appointment last week, he asked if I felt larger at this point in pregnancy than my last two pregnancies.  My quick response was "No!  In fact, if anything, less cumbersome."  I was wondering why when he explained that he was considering a late-term ultrasound because Little Miss was measuring in the 90th percentile growth-wise at the last ultrasound!  (not fun to hear, but this was a neat confirmation from the Lord that I am to stay home during the family vacation to NC in a month for Mom and Dad's 50th wedding anniversary.  I had been having 3rd and 4th thoughts about making plans to go just the night before, but once again, God seemed to clearly remind me that it was an unwise idea).  I am measuring about on schedule/tiny bit ahead with my stomach so he decided to wait and see what the next few weeks hold. 

Am experiencing a few twinges of ankle swollenness when I sit too long or eat too much salt...nothing compared to pregnancy with D.  Little Miss is not as active as the other two in the womb--let's hope that remains true after birth too! :)  I am still working out, although it takes complete will-power to get to the gym.  Baby does not have a name yet; something we postpone deciding every time the topic comes up.  I am praying consistently though that God makes clear the perfect name for our little one. 


Not to be completely forgotten, Little #3 did receive her first and 2nd gifts this week. My sweet friends from my MOMS group surprised me with a tub full of goodies for this new little one. Thank you, ladies!

No comments: