It shifted into some very tough days. Lots of discipline, crying/ whining kids, and little sleep. D developed a double ear infection, but how much easier to diagnose now that he is four and a half!
We have been making the effort to discipline the first time to teach immediate obedience. Two days ago, I was coming out of the children's wing at the church and lost David. He feels so comfortable at the church that he often runs on ahead of me. This time he did that and then hid. I called to him and eventually he reappeared. I stopped him and had a serious conversation telling him that he must not hide at church... only home. His response? "Jesus knows where I am! God can tell Mommy, 'Mommy? Here is where David is!'" What a response!
And yesterday as we were traveling in the car, Biz was chattering away. We could recognize a few words but not most of them this time. David said, "Mommy, why does sister not speak my word?" That just made me giggle because it was as if David thought Biz was speaking a different language altogether!
David is still highly competitive (I think a "boy thing"). Yesterday he said, "Mommy, pause! Pause!" He was trying to get me to stop feeding his sister since he had to go to the bathroom and desperately wanted to "win" in the solo competition of finishing his dinner first. :)
His word expressions make me laugh. Like father, like son, he uses all sorts of analogies (although they sound far more comical from the lips of a four year old). I am not even sure where he learns his phrases. Some favorites are "clean as a whistle," "flat as a pancake," and there have been many more that I just can't remember right now.
But even with all the energy, there are times, he is sensible enough to sleep--or at least sit down and quietly watch TV. (he loves Richard Scary's Busytown, one of my fave books as a child)
Another "down" time is video games with Daddy on his phone.
D is learning little by little. He now knows many letters...and loves to sing "ABC" as well as many other songs at the top of his lungs. He also loves to play games with Mommy (Uno). He even helped put several pieces in my 1000 piece puzzle.
He eats all sorts of food now. Hallelujah!!! But peanut butter and jelly is still a favorite!
Your sister Biz follows in your every footstep...always a reminder that you are a setting an example to others.



No comments:
Post a Comment