No, this is not one of Abigail's new words or sounds. Yes, the phrase above has been said by David multiple times this month. He loves being on the inside of secrets and constantly goes around saying things like, "Mommy, when Elizabeth goes down for a nap, we are going to do dadadada." or "Let's do DRS" or "Mommy, can I have PXZ?" Of course, he thinks that he is hiding the truth from his sister(s), but in actuality, he does not realize that he is no more intelligible to his Mommy either. :) He also often acts like he knows all and is confiding in me. "We don't say things like that, do we Mom?" (of course, when said about the sisters, this often only further exasperates the person in question)
(hat hair)
He is often affectionately referred to as "Bud" or "Bud Bud" by me. However, little ears are listening. It was rather hilarious to hear Elizabeth telling him the other day to do something, "Bud Bud." He just got huffy with her and told her not to call him "Bud Bud." (not the same response that he gives me)
He is exceptionally sweet with little kids. He really loves on Abigail and often tries to help her and make her laugh. I also watched him sweetly offering his paper airplane to a very young toddler at church so that the baby could try it out.
We have re-begun school again this month with a bit more success than before Christmas. He is able to read simple sentences (although it is often next to impossible to have him look at the words to even sound it out as he is guessing what it says--he will tell me he doesn't know what it says, but then I would not either if I were staring at all the pictures and everywhere but the word itself!). He knows all his letters and sounds now. He mostly knows the addition tables to 5 and can count to 20 most of the time. He has also memorized 19 Bible verses starting with letters A-S. His favorite subjects are still the history, science, and read-to-me stories. He loves to be read to from books that contain lots of pictures. (and he can sit for hours reading picture books to himself)
One of my favorite memories from this month happened this week. He had taken the silk orchid that I had in his sister's bathroom and put it, vase and all, in the sill of his window. When I asked him about that and why it was in his window, he told me he thought it needed some light. I tried to explain to him that it was not a real flower and that it did not really matter. He looked very crestfallen and headed to the bathroom to put it back. However, I stopped him and told him he could keep it in the window if he wanted to. To which he replied, "Mom, I am going to see if you are right. I am going to see if these blooms (permanently formed at half opened buds) open up." I just smiled and left it at that. A few days later, he looked at the flower and said, "Mom! You were wrong! These flowers are starting to open up! It is alive!" They were still in the same position as before--half opened-- but I did not have the heart to tell him the truth. :)
(saying goodbye to his way-too-small favorite brown lego star wars shirt)

No comments:
Post a Comment