We have joined the masses who spend hours taking their kids to and from activities. I am still in a bit of rebellion over it, but I want/need to continue to give up myself, and I know that this is very good for David. David is playing soccer with Klein soccer. He is on a U5 team, with two practices a week already and a game on the weekend. About half the team played last season and the other half is new. I was fully prepared for them all to be picking daisies, but other than a few moments when David was fascinated by a dusty bald spot on the field, he paid attention quite well. Our team won the first game last weekend either 6 or 7-1. All our goals were scored by a superstar on David's team. David is quite quick but a bit hesitant to attack the ball. He spent much of the game jumping up and down cheering on the team while everyone else was playing "herd ball" 10 feet away. When he did connect, David has a strong kick though. The aggression will come. What a gorgeous day for our first game!!!
David absolutely loves soccer! Go, Blue Eagles! And Go, #8!


No comments:
Post a Comment