As we undertake to keep up with the rest of the world and technology... we will attempt to keep our thoughts penned regularly for you here on our blog. Most importantly, we would like this to be a reflection of the love of our Faithful Saviour, Jesus Christ.

Friday, January 9, 2015

A lie is a lie

One of my children has always been super smart and far too clever for "their" own good. This child still wears diapers at night, and we have told her, she will get candy (the great motivator) when she keeps her diaper dry overnight since little sibling is getting a bit when she is potty training.

This morning, that child arrived in my room announcing she had kept her diaper dry!  I was hesitantly optimistic. When I asked her to show me, she pulled her pj pants down and I immediately noticed something suspicious. When I confronted her about telling a lie, at least she now understands the gravity of a lie and immediately recanted. You see, her diaper was on backwards!

Here is what happened...she took off wet diaper, putting it in the diaper pail. Then she took out a new, clean diaper and proceeded to diaper herself. Thus the evidence for her claim of a dry diaper. So clever it almost worked. I am thanking The Lord though for her misstep so we could really confront the issue at hand-- the lying. There has been progress because now the lying was quickly acknowledged but still present. As we grow in our pursuit to be more like Christ, we too must root out all lying for "God...does not lie" (numbers 23:19)

No comments: