We had talked to David about baptism for a while but wanted to give his faith time to grow/prove itself and waited until he really wanted to be baptized. A few months ago, he started asking about it and when he could do it. After setting up our meeting with Pastor Scott, he was ready to pick a date. We opted for the last Sunday of 2015 --December 27th-- because Michael's parents were in town then and could celebrate with us.
All 11 of us piled into a row at church: M's sister Susan and family, the senior Weylers, and us.
I was really nervous for D because he had never been in the baptistry before and hadn't even been walked through what was going to happen exactly until a few minutes beforehand. I had no need to worry though. He was very calm but super excited as he changed into his little white jumpsuit and waited behind the baptistry. After a prayer, it was go time. I ran back to the sanctuary to try and concentrate on the sermon for the last few minutes before he was baptized.
Finally, the time came. David was one of three boys baptized at the same time (among 21 baptized that day). Pastor Wade Liberator was baptizing David. David had a very serious expression on his face the whole time. He asked the boys if they had accepted Jesus as Savior, and then they were plunged under the water. David came up calmly (not sputtering as I suspected he would). And later he bragged about how he had held his breath the whole time.
He had a huge grin on his face when I went back to see him. Oh Happy Day!

2 comments:
Praising the Lord with you! I know it was a blessed Christmas season for you all. I read all three recent posts at once. I have an aunt and uncle that live in the Prestonwood neighborhood and it is something else at Christmas! Have a wonderful 2016, Lisa
Such sweet photos. Amazed you were able to get such close ups in the baptismal.
Post a Comment