As we undertake to keep up with the rest of the world and technology... we will attempt to keep our thoughts penned regularly for you here on our blog. Most importantly, we would like this to be a reflection of the love of our Faithful Saviour, Jesus Christ.

Monday, February 6, 2017

The missing tooth fairy

Remember this post?  Well, the tooth fairy did it again.
She forgot.

E had had a wiggly bottom tooth for a while.  On Friday night we were talking to another basketball mom who was previously a dental hygenist.  Her parting words to E were, "I hope you have wiggled it out by the next time I see you!"  Hah!  The odds of that by Monday night were slim...or so, I supposed.

Sunday, E went to church, and after I picked her up from class, she was showing one of my friends her wiggly tooth.  About five minutes later, she started yelling that she was missing her tooth.  And she didn't know where it was!  After talking to my friend, she assured me she hadn't even seen a tooth there five minutes before.  E must have lost it during class.  There was no signs of it on the rug in her classroom.  Maybe she swallowed it?

We got home, and I suggested that she write a letter to the tooth fairy so the tooth fairy would know that E had lost her tooth.  We forgot.

The next morning, E came downstairs, again quite forlornly.  She had forgotten to write the letter and no tooth fairy had come.  Oops.  Letter or no, the tooth fairy had forgotten once again.  That afternoon, I heard her set a timer on her phone so that she could go exchange the letter for the monetary prize.  That night, the tooth fairy was reminded and all was well with the world once again.

The End


No comments: