As we undertake to keep up with the rest of the world and technology... we will attempt to keep our thoughts penned regularly for you here on our blog. Most importantly, we would like this to be a reflection of the love of our Faithful Saviour, Jesus Christ.

Saturday, May 10, 2008

No, I am not pregnant...

Last week on Wednesday I went to Bible study. As I was walking in, an older lady walked in next to me and started making small talk conversation. First, it was about the weather. Next, it turned more personal. "Are you a child?" (which is what I thought I heard) I have often gotten questions like this since I look so young. When teaching, I was regularly mistaken for one of the students. However, I felt for sure, I must look a tiny bit older than 10 years ago and have never liked that kind of question anyway. I thought it a curious choice of words--normally worded like "and where do you go to school, little girl?" I gave her a funny look and just said "no" in a rather snippity voice. She apologized and said that since her daughter is she often thinks that lots of people are. I then puzzled about this thinking that perhaps she was referring to the fact that her daughter was a BSF (Bible Study Fellowship) child-- as in mother-daughter and maybe this lady thought she recognized my mom. The conversation was then over and I went into the sanctuary rather perplexed.

Now for many of you quicker thinkers out there, you probably by now have figured out what she really asked. "Are you WITH child?" A very different idea! and I had just told her "no!" I realized this as I was walking into the sanctuary, but by then, she was not only no longer around, I realized I could not pick her out of all the ladies there...I had been too intent trying to think through her comment to notice what she looked like. I felt miserable immediately! What an embarassing situation for her. I did not even try to placate her since I was so puzzled by why she was asking her question. Perhaps she just thought I am in major denial? I had a hard time concentrating on our lesson that day since I was imagining her sitting behind me watching my stomach jump in time with the music or as something particularly interesting to baby Michael was said. And what about the next 4 weeks I would have to see her again and again in Bible study? (I am only getting bigger) So, in the off chance that you are the offended lady who happened to stumble on my blog, I do apologize! :)

It is at this point that I thought it appropriate to set the record straight and provide a quick video of my stomach jumping, a side-comment/picture, and some 28 week pictures of the ever-growing belly (can't really even fit into the baby shirt from last pregnancy pictures anymore--the growth has been slow but steady).

Now, imagine the poor maligned lady above sitting behind me watching these antics...a lot of the video is me breathing, but check out especially 14 seconds, 36 sec, 55 sec, 1:19, 2:29, and 2:48 with lots of little kicks in between.

Speaking of "With" Child...I have often been curious about the parking spaces at HEB. I was so eager to park in all the lovely "Pregnant Momma" spots all over Huntsville, Alabama when we lived there. Here, I am sad to say, there are only two places that I am aware of that have those reserved spots. Krogers (rarely shop there) and Babies R Us (everyone is a pregnant momma there!) HEB seems to come half way. They have nice spots for "Customer with Child" right near the front. However, while I am technically "with child"--how can I be otherwise?--I fear judging by the picture on the sign, that is not the kind of "with child" they mean. I have never had the guts to try parking there...not yet. Give me 3 months! :)

Last but not least...the promised updated belly shots.

4 comments:

Katie said...

That sign always makes me laugh because I picture a harried mother parking her child there while she goes inside to shop in peace.

Anonymous said...

you look very nice!

April said...

Just wait, soon enough you will enjoy that parking space at HEB.

Bonnie said...

I really miss those spots. You look great!

Watching your video makes me so happy for you guys!

You will never forget that feeling. It brings tears to my eyes just thinking that 14 months or so ago, my not so little baby was in my womb jumping around. Now she's on the outside and no longer a baby. It goes so fast. You can't even blink or you'll miss a moment.