I used to have trouble remembering things (always the silly little things) before I got pregnant. Then, pregnancy hit, and all the supposed memory loss with it. Now, in the rush with a baby, I find I am even more forgetful. It seems to happen a lot when we are rushing out the door. I have learned to prepare to leave hours ahead of time (so that we can be on time). I line everything up so that I can get the baby settled and ready and IMMEDIATELY head out the door. Take advantage of the oh-so-short time between feedings and naps. And a baby in a carseat is not a patient kiddo. In the hustle, here are just a few things I have forgotten:
- the sling and pacifier--in the days when it was miserable for everyone without them
- a bag of stuff to be returned to Walmart--and the inspiration for the trip out in the first place. Realized the bag was missing only after I got to Walmart
- my tennis shoes--forgotten this week when heading to the gym.
Was dressed and ready and forgot I was wearing my crocs. Realized halfway to the gym, but to take advantage of the little time I had (again) around the baby's schedule, I kept on going and worked out in the crocs. Good thing I was wearing shoes at all; I probably would have walked out of the house in my socks too!
- My all time favorite!!--the diaper bag--and to make matters worse, it was to the pediatrician's office, where of course you have to take off the diaper to weigh the baby. I had no spare diapers with me (say, "inside the diaper bag") and the only spare diapers they had were two sizes too large. It worked until we got home, but what kind of mom do they think I am?!?
At least, I have not forgotten the baby..........yet!
4 comments:
I had to laugh at these because I too forget lots of things in the rush out the door...no matter how much preparing I do. We once left the paci at home on a Sunday and the teachers commented about the fit Latham threw...what could I say...it was my fault.
I've left the house lots of times not wearing shoes or socks...
LOL! Oh, motherhood! At least there's scientific evidence that these precious little bundles do have an effect on our brains (and memory loss) and we're not just losing our minds! =)
Soon you will be putting your milk in the pantry and your keys in the refridge.
Post a Comment