As we undertake to keep up with the rest of the world and technology... we will attempt to keep our thoughts penned regularly for you here on our blog. Most importantly, we would like this to be a reflection of the love of our Faithful Saviour, Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

the bent of man

I know all man is born into sin, but it has been never more apparent than recently. David has picked up a new word "Mine!" And this I think I can safely say he has not learned from us (since we rarely use it and never in the context he does!) What makes a child grab a toy (his or otherwise) and yell "MINE!" at any threat to his own desires?

Proverbs 22:15

Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him.

Jeremiah 17:9

“ The heart is deceitful above all things, And desperately wicked; Who can know it?

And what is the solution?

Jeremiah 24:7

Then I will give them a heart to know Me, that I am the LORD; and they shall be My people, and I will be their God, for they shall return to Me with their whole heart.

Ezekiel 36:26

I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.

Only in Jesus' power!

No comments: