As we undertake to keep up with the rest of the world and technology... we will attempt to keep our thoughts penned regularly for you here on our blog. Most importantly, we would like this to be a reflection of the love of our Faithful Saviour, Jesus Christ.

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Weekly deals

If you are in the market for:

  • Diapers
  • Body Wash/Shampoo
  • Contact Solution
...then this week's shopping was for you. I have been trying to keep up with the "drugstore game." It has been pretty rewarding. I do think I will tear my hair out at Walgreens though!!! No official coupon policy and it changes ever day and with every different store you go in!!! I have been getting so many groceries with about $2 out of pocket every week for close to $20-30 of groceries. Items like diapers, deodorant, candles, windex, shampoo, hair clips, wipes, body wash, razors, toothpaste, medicines, etc... I generally only buy the items that are free or money makers each week. (other than diapers) The picture below cost 88 cents for all items!

Today...CVS- 1 big box of diapers ($20), and 2 power bars ($1 each) for $7 but I got back $12 in store credit. Walgreens- 2 containers of Gilette body wash/shampoo ($4.50 each), 1 big bottle of contact solution ($7.50) for $2 and got back $12 in store credit there too. Both money makers...not to mention things we use.

For those who need diapers, here is how the deal worked. I printed a $3.00 coupon online (Coupons.com) for the Huggies Diapers. I had gotten a $3.00 CVS coupon by scanning my CVS card at their booth. I used a $4 off $20 purchase (buy one power bar (free after ECB) or other small item to put over the $20 since the diapers are $19.99) I used the $4/20 first. Stacked with the CVS coupon and the online coupon. You get back $10 ECB with Huggies box diaper purchase. This meant free diapers after other coupons and store credit!!!

PS this post is dedicated to Suzi! :)

1 comment:

Mike and Suzi :) said...

Ha! I'm so honored.....and glad you appreciate my humor because I was definitely thinking of you!