I thought I would write today to relate the story of how I told Michael. I have always marveled when people plan these elaborate means to tell their spouse; we have been actively trying with both kids so I would have never been able to surprise M much; in our case, he knew when I should get pregnant and when I should find out. However, this time, after many months (and prior years) of trying, Michael was not expecting God's answer that month. I took the test July 3rd before Michael had gotten out of bed. I was sort of expecting the results since I am like clockwork but still definitely a bit shocked myself. I was bursting with the news, but delayed the telling of it patiently. I let Michael sleep. I put it on his bathroom counter and listened for any rustling from the other room while trying to keep myself entertained. He got up--eventually--but never looked at his counter. As he moved into the kitchen, I secretly got the test and moved it into the laundry room in a cup we use to fill the cat's water bowl. I then asked Michael to refill their water bowl. He started to and came out to me in the kitchen a bit perturbed, asking what I had put in the cup. He looked at the test for a full minute or two before even realizing what it was. Then came the hugs and the excitement. To see his pure joy was so worth the surprise!
As we undertake to keep up with the rest of the world and technology... we will attempt to keep our thoughts penned regularly for you here on our blog. Most importantly, we would like this to be a reflection of the love of our Faithful Saviour, Jesus Christ.
Sunday, September 19, 2010
Update to #2
I have not said much on the subject of baby #2 yet because there is not much to say. I have been blessed with wonderful health (hardly feel pregnant) and like last time, will probably gain all my weight at the end (only 3.5-4 pounds so far). I will try to upload a picture next week at 16 weeks; not because I look so pregnant (although I do to myself), but because last time, I was a bridesmaid in a wedding at 16 weeks and was concerned I would not fit the dress (I discovered I was pregnant 2 days after ordering the dress; I ordered the next smaller size from what they recommended). I did fit it, even without alterations, and have pictures to prove it. Comparing time... And then THE ultrasound- October 15th.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Definitely a moment of JOY!
I remember when I shared the news with Marty...I had to keep it to myself for 3 days, until he got back from San Fran. That was so hard!!! This was not something I wanted to share on the phone...
His joy was priceless!!!
We're both so happy for you and Michael...and little David!!!
Jane
See. Aren't you glad you have cats? Or Michael still might not know.
Post a Comment