As we undertake to keep up with the rest of the world and technology... we will attempt to keep our thoughts penned regularly for you here on our blog. Most importantly, we would like this to be a reflection of the love of our Faithful Saviour, Jesus Christ.

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Upon recommendations

I find myself once again doing the inane by checking out two books from the library when I have 1000s of exciting books at my fingertips ready to be read (several on my nightside table right now).
Just finished the first book, Better Off by Eric Brende. It is the account of a man and his wife who move to an "Amish" (he calls them "Minimites") community to experience life for 18 months without the complexities of modern technology and electricity. The author comes to some interesting conclusions. I found the glimpses into this life fascinating and challenging--as well as the look into religion further (the author is catholic). A quick read and full of new information.
We'll see what the second book holds.

No comments: