As we undertake to keep up with the rest of the world and technology... we will attempt to keep our thoughts penned regularly for you here on our blog. Most importantly, we would like this to be a reflection of the love of our Faithful Saviour, Jesus Christ.

Saturday, March 5, 2011

a call to trust

I thought this next week(s) would be fine and moderately relaxing, but once again God is calling me to trust Him in the midst of a bit of stress...a lesson I am trying to learn after falling flat on my face last night. With D, it was a very difficult end to the pregnancy since he was 2 weeks late and we had family who had to change plane reservations multiple times. This time, no big deal if the baby is late (although my mom will only be here for about a week afterward). The stress comes in if the baby is early.

Michael (in answer to a month or more of prayers) received a job with lots of billable time at work this past week. Only catch? He had to drive 4 hours to East Texas to investigate. I was slightly concerned but with still 1 1/2 weeks to go, I figured we would be safe if I could just get a hold of him if absolutely necessary (at times a feat in itself). I must admit, I did love the extra space in the bed! Now, with Michael on his way home and no baby yet, all should be fine, right?

Well, as mentioned before, in answer to prayers, Michael was named expert witness for this case. That includes a mandatory meeting on Mon, Tues, or Wed. this next week (probably entailing an overnight trip). To top matters off, I discovered on Friday (at 39 weeks) that my due date is actually March 11 (Friday) not March 12 (Saturday). The doctor reminded me that although I am still only 1 cm dilated and slightly more effaced than last week, statistically 96% of women will have their babies this next week. Opportunity to trust God with the details of Michael's trip, right? Well, last night after imagining all the "what-ifs" and what it would be like to be at the hospital by myself for several hours, I did remember that God is in control--it is He who brought Michael the work he has been praying for, and it is He who will work out the details. Please pray with us that we continue to rely on God's timing and His plan for this upcoming birth.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Saying a prayer for you right now, Margaret. I would also love to help you in any way. I'd love to bring you dinner and give you some time to rest or do things. You could either drop MD off here, or we could come there. Your house would probably stay cleaner if you brought him here. Ha. :) Let me know. And I mean that. But I'll check on you.

Jane said...

Praying...God IS in control, as we know. You have wonderful friends who will be there for you, if needed. Please allow them to assist you. (It has always been difficult for me to ask for help...but I am learning that sometimes these are the opportunities to serve that God puts before our friends...and the lessons of asking for help He puts before me. He is always teaching...)
Much love to you...
Jane