No, I don't mean physically (although probably there has been that too--little Miss E can wear size 18 month shorts, a thing that her brother was only doing at about 2 1/2 years old). The growth has been in so many areas developmentally this month! 14 Months old and so capable!
Elizabeth went from only occasionally walking without help (and really not too much interest) to a sudden walking that is steady and with hardly any spills. This was about mid-month. Walking is now her preferred method of movement. She does prefer to be barefoot (who wouldn't?), but she is almost as steady with shoes on.
She has developed immensely verbally too! This is something that just shocks me because our little boy had no desire for words and was barely speaking clearly until 3 years old! E's words include so many: Nigh-nigh ("night-night" her first word, and now accompanied by a wave), Uh-oh (a current favorite), No-no-no (accompanied by a head shake and often not meaning what she is saying), Yes (with proper head nod), Bye (loves to wave bye to Daddy each morning), Mommy (most often said over and over when she is looking for me), Tank O ("thank you" still only used rarely), Mo ("More" and said with the signing hand motion--something I tried to teach her, but true thanks to her BSF teachers! This has been a life saver at times.), A Du ("all done", also accompanied by signing hand motions), Ball (this one suprised me today as I have never tried to teach it to her), and probably a handful of others I cannot even remember. She mimics so much that we say and even was heard clearly today repeating after a toy, "I see you."
Elizabeth can follow simple directions now too. "Get your blanket" (a new favorite at bedtime). "Hand Mommy your bottle."
I think the beginning of communication has made for a far less frustrated little girl. Overall, there have been far fewer tantrums and whining sessions this month. We do still have a VERY strong-willed girl on our hands though--
--Especially when it comes to mealtime and food that she wants to eat or not eat. So many of our battles have been over whether she will get to eat the "unhealthy" in lieu of the "healthy." I'd like to say it is getting easier, but it really just depends on the day.
Life has been too busy to take pictures this month, but these are glimpses into Miss Elizabeth's 14th month!
2 comments:
She's adorable! I know she and her big brother bring you so much joy.
I was just looking at the floor in these bottom pictures, and a strange thought occurred to me. Remember when I first met you, and we were sitting in your breakfast area. You had a high chair there (I think), and we somehow were talking about children. You mentioned how you had a bunch of "child" furniture and that you knew God had made you a promise for kids one day; you just had to be patient. And now look!! 3 kids!!! I'm so excited for you and your family, and it's very neat to see God's promises fulfilled!
Post a Comment