As we undertake to keep up with the rest of the world and technology... we will attempt to keep our thoughts penned regularly for you here on our blog. Most importantly, we would like this to be a reflection of the love of our Faithful Saviour, Jesus Christ.

Sunday, March 3, 2013

New stages

Each child is growing up in one (or many areas) of their lives. 

David wanted to push the little shopping cart at Krogers the other day.  After being warned twice and still zooming through the store (this resulted in knocking over a display last time we tried this), he lost his privelege and got moved to the shopping cart.  I quickly evaluated the situation.  We had a car shopping cart, but I have learned that he and Elizabeth pick at each other if they are both in the car.  I decided to put him in the spare seat next to Abigail in front.  He complained the whole time that he did not want to be there because people would think he was a baby.  This child was actually embarrassed!!!  What a funny concept for a four year old! 
(PS at the same time, they made an announcement over the loud speakers, "Attention, customers!  We are having a limited time giveaway over at the white counter near the deli department.  Hurry.  You don't want to miss this.  If you don't rush over there right now, you will miss out." etc..., said with such urgency.  David was very insistent we needed to go the the white counter right now!!!)

Elizabeth has always showed great signs of maturity.  This week she is almost begging to be potty trained.  She went to the bathroom on the potty 3 times just yesterday alone.  She is still wearing diapers and still getting them a bit wet but almost always tells me after the fact.  If it is warm enough, I am shooting for spring break in about a week.

Abigail was the biggest surprise of all!  I know she has been pulling up on things but it is always low things and not even always successfully then.  Here is what I found (except happy--the tears only flowed once I left again to go get the camera) when I went to go get her out of her crib yesterday.
(Good thing we lowered the crib a bit ago)



No comments: