As we undertake to keep up with the rest of the world and technology... we will attempt to keep our thoughts penned regularly for you here on our blog. Most importantly, we would like this to be a reflection of the love of our Faithful Saviour, Jesus Christ.

Friday, March 14, 2014

The great metamorphosis

Bizbeth is spending her last few hours as a two year old.  I must admit, it makes me very sad because she is already so grown up and far removed from the baby twos.  I guess while she is still two and 364 days, I feel I can still hold on to her babyhood.

And yet...two nights ago (March 12) Bizbeth made the most important profession she will ever make.  She has often talked about Jesus' death on the cross but until recently not comprehended that she was a sinner nor shown a whole lot of remorse for wrong-doing.  Just in the midst of my immense frustration with her willfulness, God brought about a sweet change in her life.  About 1-2 months ago, I started seeing a new softness.  Two days ago, she floored me by this change.  She was sitting at lunch and looked at me and said, "I am sorry Mommy that I ... (I don't remember the offense anymore)."  What she was apologizing for had happened 5-10 minutes earlier.  Yet, she felt genuine repentance, and unprompted, she apologized for the earlier offense.  I was so pleased to see this change (she had been showing defiance in the face of correction), that I mentioned it to Michael 2 nights ago while we were putting her to bed.  He proceeded to ask her again about Jesus' work on her behalf.  She not only told us that He had died and risen again for our sins but agreed that she was a sinner.  When Michael asked her if she wanted to pray to ask Jesus to come live in her heart, she replied  a simple, "Yes!"  (we have asked before but the answer has always been "no.")  I know that her faith is very young and uncomplicated like a child.  I also am praying for a confirmation in her life for that confession, but I have seen several others at similar age make a life-long profession that has had no-turning back.  So this little girl now has a new life as she is beginning a new year! 

And no post is complete without a photo, so here is a glimpse at one of the sweet photos I captured today of my Birthday girl.



Ps. David has been praying with me for his sisters' salvation.  It should not then  have surprised me the next day to hear his completely unprompted prayer at lunch time, "Lord, thank you for our many blessings. Thank you that Bizbeth asked you to live in her heart. I pray that Abigail will also ask you to live in her heart. Amen!"

No comments: