As we undertake to keep up with the rest of the world and technology... we will attempt to keep our thoughts penned regularly for you here on our blog. Most importantly, we would like this to be a reflection of the love of our Faithful Saviour, Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

God's many blessings

The week before Easter kicked off with sickness.  First, it was me.  I have not felt that sick in a very long time!  But in the midst of it, I was quite thankful that the worst of it was on Saturday night and Sunday.  Michael was home and could take the kids to church so I could even have quiet at home that morning!  I was able to sleep almost all day.  Monday came and while I was still feeling a bit weak, I could function.  Then, I had a very good night's sleep on Monday night.  Tuesday came around, and due to all the sleep I had had while sick, I had a hard time going to sleep that night.  I was still awake at 12:30 or 1:00 when David came downstairs to tell me he had thrown up.  I was so thankful that it happened then after quite a bit of sleep because I had a long night ahead of me.  Michael had suggested that there was supposed to be a rare blood moon that night but we had no intention of staying up to see it.  I got a treat!  :)  I was up and got to see the majority of it while nursing a very sick little boy all night. 


David fortunately was feeling much better by morning hours and he never stopped that day...in fact, he was more wound up than ever and running on even less sleep than I. Hah!  To be young...

There are so many more blessings to recount: the girls never got seriously sick other than 24 hours of a low fever and the other one who threw up (perhaps brought on by feverish crying) one time 5 minutes from my sister's house; a sweet time with my sister that was only marred by sickness on Sunday; complete healing for Michael (who also suffered some of the same symptoms as me) at some pretty significant times; God's very clear direction in a few important areas--more on that later. 

God has very much shown himself in our lives over the past two weeks despite some pretty difficult circumstances.  I am so thankful to have Him as my Heavenly Father!

No comments: