David is still my incredibly sweet little boy, and now he practices his kindness intentionally. He is often quick to help buckle his sisters into the car. Quick to help me spread the jelly on his (still) favorite peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Quick to share his food or toys with his sisters. He has a very generous spirit.
He also has an older-brother pesty-syndrome. While, he has grown much in this area of his life, it is still not completely gone. (likely never to be) He does love making his sisters shriek. (although Abigail is instigating in the following pictures)
Last year at this time, he could not recognize any letters except "d." And counting to ten was unheard of. Now, despite the continuation of Kindergarten this fall, he can count at least to one hundred and read very basically (still a rather dreaded subject though). His attention span has continued to increase. And he follows lego instructions like a champ! This year also brought the end of the era of his blankie and nighttime potty training. He has grown more adept at video games and regularly shows his "video-game-champ" Dad a thing or two. He even played slot cars for the first time this year and was winning half the races.
But this does not mean David is not active! We cannot work out enough energy fast enough! Soccer this fall (again) should be good for him.
He has memorized 20 or so Bible verses and you can already tell by his fruits (especially his tender heart toward sin) that Jesus Christ is Lord of his life. I pray this walk with the Lord continues for the rest of his life.

What love for Daddy, and I am so glad he still wants to hold my hand and shout to the world that I am his "MOMMY!" I know this may not last forever, but I treasure it for today.
Happy Birthday, dearest David!


No comments:
Post a Comment