I have lived in Houston longer than anywhere else in my life. This time around it has been 12 years, but I have been in and out of the area for over 20 years. I can only remember snow twice and it was a few flakes both times that never stuck. Both right after David was born. See this post and this post. (the other two have seen snow in VA but A barely remembers it).
We first started seeing the snow sometime in the evening. David and Michael went out in boxers to celebrate in the backyard.
But the snow continued. It was snowing pretty hard by 1:00 am. We figured it might be the kids only chance to see it (never stick/gone by morning) so I tried to wake up both girls to look out the window. Neither wanted to wake up. I then picked up both individually and carried them to the window to look. I am not sure E even opened her eyes but asked to be put back to bed. A looked and said, "It's snowing. Can I go back to bed?" I took lots of pictures and videos to document this rare occurrence.
But what happened next is even rarer. It started to stick! And when the kids woke the next morning, there was a blanket of snow everywhere on the housetops, yards, cars, and bushes! Only the street was spared. I am glad the kids got outside quickly to enjoy it. By 10 am it was mostly all gone. But they had enough to time to throw some snow balls.
Judging by my kid's outfits, they are not true snow bunnies. Ha!
Later, I saw this on a sign. Made me laugh.
Maybe in another 20 years...







No comments:
Post a Comment