As we undertake to keep up with the rest of the world and technology... we will attempt to keep our thoughts penned regularly for you here on our blog. Most importantly, we would like this to be a reflection of the love of our Faithful Saviour, Jesus Christ.

Saturday, January 6, 2018

introduction to the neighborhood

We really enjoyed our first introduction to the neighborhood social life when we attended the annual Breakfast with Santa (kids in pjs). 



We showed up early and had a donut and hot chocolate while the kids watched the beginning of Polar Express and we chatted with neighbors. 



I talked my little artistic child outside to do some crafts.  E stamped a gift bag, made a Christmas card with finger paint, finger painted a reindeer tile, and decorated cookies (all three kids were interested in this---hmmmm I wonder why?). 






She also posed with Mrs. Claus and Santa when they came riding up on the fire truck.





All three kids wrote letters to Santa giving their wish list.  I looked over David's shoulder when he was done and was touched.  I was curious which lego set he wanted or what new video game.  Here is what I read:



Afterward, all the kids posed for pictures with Santa.





Abigail wanted to pose with Buddy the Elf.




And we took a train ride around the parking lot. 






I am so thankful daily for this new house.  I am also thankful for this neighborhood!

No comments: