It is times like the 19 week ultrasound that make me wish for a smaller doctor's office. The ultrasound pictures that they printed out are hard enough to tell what you are looking at (let alone, the ones I have scanned below), however, for anyone who has ever had an ultrasound, you understand that everything is so clear on the screen! (at least when seen altogether as a big picture) I had been reminded to ask my doctor to make a video for us of the ultrasound. I was told that they would not do that for me. When we discreetly tried to use our own camera to videotape, I was told that was not allowed either! Oh, the joys of the red-tape in a big hospital/office!!!
We spent almost an hour watching our baby in the womb, while the ultrasound tech took measurements. We have a very shy baby and no coaxing could make the baby uncross the legs so we could tell the gender. The ultrasound tech seemed to think it was probably a girl because she could "just not see anything" but was not so certain. She even laughed at me when I commented that the face looked like a little boy's face (very strong jaw and not sissy looking at all!) After an hour, the tech had me lie on my stomach for 3 minutes to see if the baby would move. Michael and I prayed that the baby would move. We were answered! The baby had uncrossed the legs and was most definitely... A BOY! As soon as she could snap a photo, he had crossed his legs again and then rolled over so all we could see was his spine!
So here are some of the ultrasound photos...
the little feet were so clear (on the original) and so tiny! (one foot is sideways)
this is a not so good copy of the rather masculine face
this photo shows the nose and lips and a little hand(the rest is in a shadow)
and last, but not least...the last photo is the long awaited gender-specific shot!
Pregnancy FAQs
- My due date is July 31st.
- I have been blessed to not feel sick AT ALL! (and rarely tired)
- We are expecting a little boy.
- His name will be Michael David Weyler.
- He will be a 5th generation Michael...all have different middle names.
- David is my father's name (thus including both grandfathers' names).
- We are thinking about calling him David, to ease the confusion with another Michael in the house.
- This will make the 3rd grandchild on Michael's side and the 5th (or 6th--my sister-in-law is due the same week as me) on my side.
- The nursery already had blue bedding.
- The nursery will remain blue. (see point three)
- I have been feeling the baby move for the past 2 weeks.
- He is DEFINITELY a morning person --he is extremely active at 5 am when I get up with Michael and still somewhat active until about 7 or 8 and then he calms down for the rest of the day!
- We are absolutely thrilled that God chose to bless us with this little child after five years of praying!!!
5 comments:
I am sooo glad that you feel great! :)
YAY!!!! I cant wait!
So excited for you guys!!
yipee! So glad for you guys.
Congratulations! That is such exciting news! Little boys are so much fun.
Post a Comment