As we undertake to keep up with the rest of the world and technology... we will attempt to keep our thoughts penned regularly for you here on our blog. Most importantly, we would like this to be a reflection of the love of our Faithful Saviour, Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I will remember that beaming face...

When asked what I will remember about last weekend's wedding (now 2 weeks ago), I will respond that it is my brother's brilliant smile that will stick in my memory most.

I was blessed to be asked to be a bridesmaid by my now dear sister-in-law, Shayna. Needless to say, when I ordered the dress, I was already pregnant but did not realize it. 4 1/2 months later, that did cause a few moments of stress since I had ordered the next smaller size than what they suggested (the size they suggested was way too big) and had no extra fabric to take out. But, after many prayers (thank you one and all), I moderately comfortably fit into the dress the day of the wedding. (the shoes were another story...oops) I will post a few pictures of the only chunky bridesmaid at the wedding. :)

All that is to say, that as a bridesmaid, I had the joy of standing in a position where I could very clearly see my brother's face the entire ceremony. It was a bit difficult to keep the tears at bay sometimes, however. The entire wedding was so focused on God's work in and through them...and to see my brother literally beaming at his soon-to-be new bride was fantastic! He washed her feet as part of the ceremony. He leant down and undid her shoes and then washed each foot. Every minute or two he would look up at her with a smile full of complete joy. That sight will stick with me whenever I think of the beautiful wedding.

(PS if this slide show stops midway, just press the play button again)

Sorry it has taken so long...you would not believe how many times the blogger site or the slide site was down when I went to finish this blog!

No comments: