As we undertake to keep up with the rest of the world and technology... we will attempt to keep our thoughts penned regularly for you here on our blog. Most importantly, we would like this to be a reflection of the love of our Faithful Saviour, Jesus Christ.

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Tribute to our Parents

This is a blog that is normally posted at Mother's Day, Father's Day, or some other special occasion, but...since I have a picture of my mom's wonderful new haircut (the way I remember her throughout my growing up years up until the last 6 or so years), I thought I would post that along with a tribute to both our sets of parents.

I have truly been blessed with an excellent example to follow. My parents both come from a long line of Godly heritage. However, their Christian walk is not only Christian in name and heritage. I often describe my parents as having "charismatic faith," the kind of faith that flows over into every area of their everyday lives. No, I did not have perfect parents, and I watched them grow and mature in their understanding of Jesus as well as that application. This growth, however, is also one of the reasons I so respect and admire them. They have never grown stagnant in their walk with the Lord. Even now, they will discuss how God has changed and molded them (two of the Godliest people I know) into an image more like HIM. They exhibit a great love for each other and reflect Christ's love for the church in their marriage. Nothing is better than having parents that set such a Godly example for me -- an example I pray to pass down to my children and the next generation.

A close second, however, is to have Godly in-laws who model the same "charismatic faith." Michael's mom will seek out the Lord in every little daily circumstance and then remember to praise HIM when she sees HIM in action. Michael's father has often set the example as spiritual head of the house by leading the family in morning Bible reading to start the day. What a joy to have in-laws who love both each other and the Lord dearly!

Now, the burden is on us. We are responsible to pass this Godly heritage on to our children, starting with little Michael David.

Deuteronomy 11:18-19 Therefore shall ye lay up these my words in your heart and in your soul; and ye shall bind them for a sign upon your hand, and they shall be for frontlets between your eyes. And ye shall teach them your children, talking of them, when thou sittest in thy house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.

May we never be like the children of Israel who forgot the importance of passing HIS words down to their children...

No comments: