As we undertake to keep up with the rest of the world and technology... we will attempt to keep our thoughts penned regularly for you here on our blog. Most importantly, we would like this to be a reflection of the love of our Faithful Saviour, Jesus Christ.

Thursday, January 29, 2009

What was I thinking?!?

I swore when it came time for my baby to crawl, I was not going to encourage it. Why do I want him mobile and into everything when he is perfectly content just sitting in one place? Here is what I found myself doing, however:

(to be perfectly fair though, I did find him halfway across the room getting the remote before I taped this anyway)

I never should have baited him with something so irresistable!

Time to get the cabinet locks on, Michael!

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh my goodness Margaret! Crawling at SIX MONTHS! Now we can pull our hair out together!! =) Seriously, it's about to get interesting. Haha. It's fun, though! So neat watching them explore, but boy is it hard to do anything! It's funny though b/c even though we know that it's hard to resist egging them on to do that "next step"...it's just fun watching them grow!

Bonnie said...

Oh my!!! He's sooo cute! This is when it gets really fun! Just wait until he's walking...you'll wish he was just laying on the floor again!

Oh and we've never had to use the cabinet locks...yet! Just give him his "own" cabinet filled with tupperware! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Jane wants to give him a nice pat on the back. She loves watching the video. Way to go, cuz.

Kim and Eric said...

Cute Margaret! He really is on the go now.

Anonymous said...

YAY!!

Jaime said...

Way to go, MD!! You now have a whole new world to explore! He's so determined!

I "baited" Latham with our forbidden phone...we all do it. :)

Like Bonnie, we have not had to use cabinet locks either. Latham just has his Tupperware cabinet and that's what he plays with. It took some time for him to learn that, but I thought it was much easier than having to deal with cabinet locks.

Jenny Smucker said...

I can't believe he's crawling already! Good for him! That was impressive. He's a determined little fellow!