As we undertake to keep up with the rest of the world and technology... we will attempt to keep our thoughts penned regularly for you here on our blog. Most importantly, we would like this to be a reflection of the love of our Faithful Saviour, Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Study in Everyday Objects

a Canon ink cartridge tab that gets taken off before inserting a new cartridge in the printer
Seeing this object out in the street last week--and the pride I had from recognizing its random shape--prompted me to focus on all the unusual objects and shapes we see everyday. If you grew up in my house, many of the items below are common-place items but probably not so in all homes. Others are just plain odd.

Take a guess (some are easier than others) and check back next week for the answers to the pictures.

a Christmas light gun that effectively restores a burnt out strand of lights to a fully functional one
a ring holder (slip the rings you are not wearing onto the stem)
a letter opener (where would I be without my two)
part of a baby cabinet lock
a milk tab
a cinnamon stick
the lid to a Snack Trap cup for baby snacks (snacks stay in but fingers go in )
an egg separater bowl
a luggage rack (for incoming visitor luggage)
a candle mold
a furniture foot anti-hole making thing (can you tell I don't know the official name--it keeps heavy furniture from marking "weight" holes in the rug...works well)
a sweater anti-fuzz comb (gets rid of the little pills)
a toothpaste roller (never worked well though, fyi) to get the last bit out of the tube
a "real" film canister (know what that is?) but to Advantix film (oval shaped)
a cuff link
a touchpad that gets plugged into the wall and a lamp and makes any lamp into a touch lamp (love it!!! have 2 around the house)
cat nail clippers
an earring back
a plate wall hanger
Silver Dollar Plant
an old-fashioned metronome (to which the paper clip serves to keep up the less than tight weight)
no, not a crochet hook. an orange peeler
a carrot or other veggie curl-maker
an olive or cherry pitter (works great on olives!!!)
the back stand of an acrylic desktop picture frame
a cell phone charger plug
Aloe Vera
candied ginger
a boot-horn (works very well to remove boots)
an upside-down coffee creamer cup
a silver butter knife
a lamp socket
piano keys

3 comments:

Mike and Suzi :) said...

I love these types of things! I'm still pretty good at identifying random objects...and deciding whether or not they are a threat when in the hands of students. You would be amazed how "creative" they are when it comes to being devious.

Eric Moore said...

I wouldnt have recognized object number 1 until Monday of this week when I purchased a devise that required removing five of them before I used it. Not to give it away, but I love the CMYK-K approach - better quality, more economical in maintaining your image(s).

Charles and Stacy said...

Is the second pic a biscuit cutter? We have an old wooden one that looks just like that!