NounI was first made aware of this term by my sweet husband. When I looked up the definition, it does not actually apply. But in case you are wondering, YES, we are expecting again! Surprise! (to all of us)Irish twin (plural Irish twins)
1.(slang) Either of a pair of siblings born nine to 12 months apart, especially if born within the same calendar year.
As most people know, we had years of praying for David before we got pregnant with him. We did several years of fertility treatment and eventually did get pregnant. Many people do not realize though (since E and D are so well spaced) that we had to do fertility treatment with Elizabeth too. We were not on any form of birth control the entire 2 years it took us to get pregnant and actively trying for one year. Decided to just head straight to fertility treatment with her. Thus it was a complete shock to find out that we got pregnant without any fertility treatment when E was just 6 months old. This puts our babies at 16 1/2 months apart, technically not irish twins. On Halloween evening, I realized I might be late and 15 minutes later I was taking a test. For a girl who needs time to prepare for changes, this was not quite what I would have planned, but God...
Each one of our children is a gift from God in such a unique way. David, prayed for for 5 years was such a little miracle. Elizabeth was as much a miracle. And Baby #3, another huge unexpected blessing from the Lord!
To get the first question out of the way: We are due on July 3, 2012.
#2. I am feeling great--even less pregnant than with the other two. The ONLY symptom I have is my complete exhaustion by 7:30 at night. I will happily go to bed then and sleep until 7 am but run all day long. Can't wait until the evening exhaustion is over though as I am tired of being jealous of Michael getting to watch all sorts of fun movies while I catch 5 minutes and am out for the night. :) The only other odd thing is my taste in food. Judging by my complete lack of sickness and my taste in food (LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the saltiest stuff; no to sweet), I am guessing a boy right now. But D keeps telling me he is getting another sister. We would be quite happy and can see positives either way.
I saw the little heartbeat on a 1 minute ultrasound on Friday and as of now, it seems unlikely there are "real twins." :)
Looking forward to meeting you, new baby of mine!
4 comments:
I'm glad I didn't find out on facebook.
What amazing news! And your little one is due on MY BIRTHDAY!!! Congratulations to you and David. You are such wonderful parents...this new little one and his/her siblings are so very fortunate.
Hugs,
Jane
Well, I know we have chatted many a times about all this... but - I will - officially, on your blog say: Congrats to you & Michael! :) :) It truly is a miracle! :) So happy for you.
Love K
Btw, yes, a GREAT due date... our anniversary! :)
Post a Comment