As we undertake to keep up with the rest of the world and technology... we will attempt to keep our thoughts penned regularly for you here on our blog. Most importantly, we would like this to be a reflection of the love of our Faithful Saviour, Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

the clock is ticking

Yes, I am 38 weeks today, but judging by my past birth experiences and the doctor's "encouraging" words yesterday, I am not in too much danger of going into labor anytime soon--perhaps not even in 2 weeks.  :(  All that can change overnight though (as also exhibited by my other two).  Dr. Sam said no dilation, no thinning of cervix yet.  I have not felt any contractions, but I am getting pretty uncomfortable at night (and even walking now feels like I am carrying a huge bowling ball around).  I just feel huge!  Which is rather funny since I have only gained about 24 1/2 pounds so far (was sick last week and lost the 3 pounds I put on the week before).  Still trying to work out but at a much less intense pace.  As mentioned, I am having a very hard time getting comfortable in bed and if I wake up at night, I am keenly aware of this discomfort...often worst when lying down. 

Little #3 moves on my right side almost entirely, but as she is moving a lot, it is always hard to track down her heart rate at the doctor's.  Who knew I could have 3 very active kiddos???

Hard to believe that next week my mom will be here and the "real" countdown begins.  I guess I need to pack my bag and we need to pick out a name, but as a friend reminded me today, the baby can/will come regardless of those lesser important things. 


No comments: