As we undertake to keep up with the rest of the world and technology... we will attempt to keep our thoughts penned regularly for you here on our blog. Most importantly, we would like this to be a reflection of the love of our Faithful Saviour, Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Progress

My husband was scared- at least enough to clean up piles on the floor lest anything happen. Everyone else would say "big deal!" I am almost 100% sure I felt my first contraction about 15 minutes ago. Even my doctor asked me yesterday if I was having regular contractions-assuming that I was having at least a few, Braxton hicks or otherwise...just not regularly. Nope. None at all that I was aware of.

I was just questioning today whether I would recognize contractions or not- I forgot between D and E. They are pretty mild at first, and in my case, just seem like severe sunburned skin on my right side- not at all as they are described in textbooks.

So, I don't expect to go into labor tonight (especially after talking about it today with so many people-- although it would be very ironic considering what the dr. said yesterday and how my other two were born under similar "unlikely" circumstances). However, I think it did light a fire under me to get my bag packed tomorrow- as well as get the carseat in the car, set up the pack and play, pick out a name, and clean up the house just in case someone has to come watch the kids if we go to the hospital before my Mom comes next week.

No comments: