As we undertake to keep up with the rest of the world and technology... we will attempt to keep our thoughts penned regularly for you here on our blog. Most importantly, we would like this to be a reflection of the love of our Faithful Saviour, Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Helpful?

D picked out a John Deere large excavator toy for his birthday.

D: my diggert is a big helper. He helped me clean up my room!

(should have gotten this for him long ago if it made cleaning up all the cars etc. fun!)


During breakfast yesterday, D noticed me struggling to feed E with one hand (the other hand was busy) as the bowl kept moving around the table every time I put my spoon in it. (this is my super sensitive child-at times) He placed his hands on the bowl in order to keep it steady. E began sobbing and throwing a fit. I tried to feed her even faster ( thought I was too slow) until I realized that she was scared that D was going to take her food. The sweet offer of help had to be denied.

I left A on the couch while I was getting dressed. I hear D come into our bedroom. "Mommy, I have the baby for you." I turn around and panic. D has A barely dangling from his arms. I caught myself, knowing that my response could prompt D to drop her suddenly. I quickly take the baby from him and severely explain that he is not to pick her up until she is bigger ("and me too!"-D).

My little spontaneous helper did bring in my things from the car without incident.

And the littlest helper? She managed to wake up her sister because A had dropped her pacifier while snoozing but, of course, baby sister must have need of it. Right?

No comments: